英语中从语义、语气、语用上表达强调的手法千千万,总结起来大致应该有这些:
一、单词类强调
1.用形容词alone,right, single, very等表示强调
①Government and the government alone is responsible for any rapid increase in the quantity of money.
政府,并且只有政府应当为任何货币数量的快速增长承担责任。
Am I alone in thinking that this scandal should finish his career?
只有我认为这件丑闻会断送他的事业吗?
You alone should determine what is right for you.
只有你自己才能决定什么适合你。
②If you are a college student looking for a part-time job, the best place to start your job search is right on campus.
如果你是一名正在寻找兼职工作的大学生,那么你开始求职的最佳地点就是在校园里。
But the next step is making sure that you remember what you've read! You may have just read the text, but the ideas, concepts and images may fly right out of your head.
但下一步是确保记住你读过的东西!你可能刚刚读过了文本,但想法、概念和图像可能会从你的脑海中飞出。
③All these jobs can now be done by one single machine.
所有这些工作现在只用一台机器就可以完成。
I couldn't understand a single word she said!
她讲的东西我一个字都听不懂!
④And this is the very methodology of Lau, in which he treasures all objects and scenes.
对于照片、文字 、 生活细节,都应一并重视--这正是劳先生珍惜一切物象的方法论。
The murder bullet was shot from this very gun.
罪恶的子弹正是从这支枪里射出的。
2.用副词even, just, merely, only等表示强调
①It's an unattractive building, ugly even.
这栋建筑毫不美观,甚至可以说难看。
Believe it or not, a warm embrace might even help you avoid gelling sick this winter.
信不信由你,一个温暖的拥抱甚至能帮助你在这个冬季远离疾病。
②A drop of rain just lighted on his head.
一滴雨正好落在他的头上。
You feel the same emotions – it is just as raw, just as fresh… You can't turn off that stream of memories, no matter how hard you try.
你会感受到同样的情绪—同样原始,同样新鲜……无论多么努力,你都不能关闭记忆流。
③Deep reading requires not just time, but a special kind of time which can't be obtained merely by becoming more efficient.
深度阅读需要的不只是时间,而是一种特殊时间,这种时间仅仅靠提高效率无法得到。
Rather than merely asking about something they wanted to try, they tended to include both cause and effect in their question.
他们不是仅仅问他们想去尝试解决的问题,而是更倾向于将因果关系纳入他们的问题中。
④Already well over 400 of the total of 6, 800 languages are close to extinction, with only a few elderly speakers left.
在6800种语言中,已经有400多种濒临灭绝,只剩下少数老年人说的语言了。
Only when humanity began to get its food in a more productive way was there time for other things.
只有当人类开始以一种更有成效的方式获得食物时,才有时间做其他事情。
3. 用副词ever, no matter wh-, whether表示强调
①Scholars debate whether Robin Hood or King Arthur ever really existed.
学者们争论究竟是否真的有过罗宾逊和亚瑟王。
What parent, Nim reflected, ever knew what went on in children's minds.
尼姆思忖着, 孩子们心里在想些什么,做父母的究竟了解多少呢?
Why ever didn't you tell me?
你究竟为什么不告诉我?
Which ever way did he go?
他究竟往哪条路去的?
When ever did you drop it?
你究竟什么时候丢失这个东西的?
Use wholegrain breakfast cereals wherever possible .
只要有可能就用全谷物早餐食品。
I'd like to leave as soon as possible and join my children, wherever they are...
我想尽快离开,回到儿女们中间去,不管他们在哪儿。
Send it to whoever is in charge of sales.
把这寄给负责销售的人。
Come out of there, whoever you are.
不管你是谁,从那里出来吧。
②No matter what he is offered to eat he polishes it off in an instant.
不管给他吃什么,他都能眨眼就下肚。
No matter how often they turn up, their welcome never wears out.
不管他们多久露面一次,都永远那么受欢迎。
③People who work toward such excellence—whether they are driving a truck, or running a store--make the world better just by being the kind of people they are.
那些追求卓越的人——无论是开卡车,还是经营商店——只要成为他们这样的人,就能让世界变得更美好。
4.用反身代词表示强调
I myself enjoy cinema, poetry, eating out and long walks.
我本人喜欢电影、诗歌、外出吃饭和远途散步。
Many mentally ill people are themselves unhappy about the idea of community care.
许多精神病患者本身不喜欢社区护理。
There are many amino acids that the body cannot synthesize itself.
有许多种氨基酸人体自身不能合成。
5.用助动词“do”表示强调
The baby is generally healthy,but every now and then she does catch a cold.
那孩子的健康状况尚好,但就是偶尔患感冒。
Do be quiet. I told you I had a headache.
务必安静。我告诉过你,我头疼。
二、词组类
6.用good and..., nice and..., none other than等表示强调
①He messed up the project good and proper.
他把这个项目彻底搞砸了。
Everyone respects the good and honest old man.
大家都很尊敬这位善良的老人。
②The steamed buns fresh from the steamer were nice and warm.
刚出锅的馒头真热火。
Just follow the instructions, and you'll find the task nice and easy.
只要按照说明操作,你会发现这个任务轻松愉快。
③The tramp was none other than a detective in disguise.
那个流浪汉正是一位乔装的侦探。
Guess who I saw at the party? None other than the famous actor!
猜猜我在派对上看到了谁?正是那位著名的演员!
7.用...and that,...and those,not...too much等表示强调
They fulfilled the task,and that in a few days.
他们在几天内完成的就是那项任务。
I gave her some presents,and those the day before yesterday.
前天我送给她的就是那些礼物。
8.用in every way,in no way,by all means, under no circumstances,only too,all too,but too,in heaven,in the world,in hell,on earth,under the sun等表示强调
His behaviour was in every way perfect.
他的举止确实无可挑剔。
By all means take your son with you.
你一定要把儿子带来。
Under no circumstances should we lose sight of our main objective.
在任何情况下,我们都不能忘记自己的宗旨。
On no accounts must this switch be touched.
这个开关是绝不能触摸的。
The news was only too true.
这消息确实是事实。
It was over all too soon!
此事的确了结得很快!
It was but too true.
很遗憾,那是真实的。
Where in heaven were you then?
当时你到底在哪里?
What in the world is he doing?
他到底在干什么呢?
There's no way in hell I'm going to that party.
我绝不会去那个派对。
Where on earth did you spring from?
你究竟是从哪儿冒出来的?
Nobody under the sun would buy that car.
确实没有人会买那辆车。
三、句型类
9.用倒装句表示强调
Dishonest he is!
他的确不诚实!
In wine is the truth.
酒后吐真言。
Hardly does she have time to listen to music.
她几乎没时间听音乐。
So fast does light travel that we can hardly imagine its speed.
光速很快,我们几乎没法想像它的速度。
Were it not for your help, I would still be homeless.
要不是你帮助,我会仍然无家可归。
Down came the rain and up went the umbrellas.
下雨了,伞都撑起来了。
Buried in the sands was an ancient village.
一个古老的村庄被埋在这沙土之中。
To be carefully considered are the following questions.
下列问题要仔细考虑。
10.用强调句型表示强调
It was the headmaster who opened the door for me.
正是校长为我开的门。
It was yesterday that we carried out that experiment.
就是在昨天我们做了那个实验。
11.用what 表示强调
What I wanted, more than anything, was a few days' rest.
我最想要的是休息几天。
They had used what money they had.
他们用尽了所有的钱。
12.用双重否定句表示强调
No smoke without fire.
无火不生烟。
In spite of the debt, few fail to repay.
尽管负债累累,但很少有人无法偿还。
There is no rule that has no exception.
任何规则都有例外。
They left in a hurry without hardly a word.
他们一句话也没说,匆匆地离开了。
You can’t make egg rolls without breaking eggs.
你不能不弄坏蛋就做蛋卷。/ 有得必有失。
Nobody has no access to the sporting facilities.
人人都能使用这些体育设施。
No place is left unexploited.
没有一个地方未被开发。
I am not unfaithful to you.
我对你无比忠诚。
For all his years, he is none the less vigorous and active.
多年来,他还是同样精力充沛和活跃。
In an exam, you can’t be careful enough.
在考试中,你越小心越好。
I can’t agree with you any more!
对你的观点,我再同意不过了!
I can't thank you too much.
我无论怎样感谢你都不过分。
You can’t pay too much attention to your reading skill, as it is of such importance.
你无论怎么注意你的阅读技能都是应该的,因为它是如此重要。
There is no denying (the fact) that your behavior has had a potential effect on her normal life.
不可否认(事实)你的行为对她的正常生活产生了潜在的影响。
William Hartley was handsome , determined and diligent, in a word, I can’t speak too highly of him.
威廉·哈特利相貌英俊,意志坚定,勤奋,总而言之,我对他评价不能再高。
本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报。